The Manitoba Forage Council Needs Your Support!
Over the years, the Manitoba Forage Council (MFC) has fostered partnerships with many industry members, provincial and federal government representatives, producers, and scientific researchers. These relationships have encouraged the initiation of multiple research and marketing activities, demonstrations, seminars and publications that are beneficial not only for producers, but for the industry as a whole.
What We Do
When you join the MFC you show support for everyone in the forage industry. Your contribution helps the council participate in these activities:
• Fostering relationships with groups to implement projects;
• Marketing Manitoba forage through trade missions to the U.S. and abroad;
• Administering research projects and communication of the results;
• Promoting the forage industry by hosting conferences, demonstrations and;
• Transferring technology to producers via meetings, publications and the website.
Membership Fee: $50
Membership Period: July 31, 2012 to August 1, 2013.
Only one membership is required per family.
All those living in the same household may register for events at the reduced conference rate.
Membership Registration Online – for new members or those whose membership has expired
Memberships expire August 1st of every year.
Existing Member Link - for active members only
Have your email and password ready. If you have trouble, contact MFC at (204) 475-2241.
• 4 electronic newsletters per year
• invitations to attend and participate in forage, hay, & dairy marketing events such as World Dairy Expo and the MidWest Horse Fair, Canadian Forage & Grassland Assn. Conference, Western Holistic Management Conference, Grazing Club activities;
• invitations to attend the Manitoba Grazing School in Brandon & The Manitoba Forage Symposium in Winnipeg;
• invitations to attend forage & livestock research demonstrations around the province;
• opportunity to express views on forage and livestock policy and have the Council lobby on your behalf and;
• opportunity to identify and suggest research projects that are of benefit to you and other Manitobans;
• free publications.