January 9, 2012
The Beef and Forage Production Day is packed with information and innovative leading experts aimed to help Manitoba beef producers best manage their cattle operations.
Find out the latest news on research, production and marketing for beef and forage management at this one-day seminar.
Date: Monday, January 9, 2012
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Place: Vita Ukrainian Hall – Vita, MB
• Beef Market Outlook Update – Scott McKinnon, Market Analyst, Canfax
• Manitoba Beef Producers Update – Heinz Reimer, District 4 Rep
• Premises ID Update, David Hunt, Agri-Food Traceability Co-ordinator, Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives (MAFRI)
• An Introduction to Holistic Management for Beef & Forage Producers – Don Campbell of Meadow Lake, SK
• What’s New with Crop Insurance – Luc Roy, Insurance Agent, MASC
• Composting – Gerry Dubé, Compo-Stages Manitoba Services Co-op
• Forage Restoration of Land that was Flooded, Land Preparation, Sod-Seeding & Other Management Practices – John McGregor
• Beef Plant Project update – ProNatur, Doug Cooper, President & CEO
• Forage Council Update
• Veterinarian Presentation- Dr. Wayne Tomlinson, Veterinarian, MAFRI
There will be agribusiness booth displays, coffee and lunch. $10 registration fee at the door (includes lunch); breakfast available
For more information, call the MAFRI Vita GO Office at 204-425-5050.